Making Dentistry More Affordable
Unfortunately many patients don’t go to the dentist as much as they should because of cost and this leads to big problems. Putting things off never makes it better, and sadly the treatment for it just becomes more complicated, more invasive and more expensive.
At Marius St Family Dental, we have put in a lot of effort to try and break down the barriers to dentistry.
We recommend discussing with our lovely team your budget and needs and we can tailor a financial plan for you.
- SmileRight offers a variety of payment plan options to suit your needs. See our dedicated page where you can enter your treatment plan amount to see repayment options calculated instantly for you! Read more here
- Afterpay and Zippay are fast, easy options for one off and emergency appointments.
- Ezidebit is a great option for prepayment plans and treatment plans that span a longer period of time to complete.
Ask our front desk team what is the best option for you, as they will be able to look at your treatment plan and discuss with you the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
We are Tamworth's Health Fund Preferred Provider for the major health funds so that you are getting the best possible rebate.
- Tamworth Bupa Preferred Provider - higher rebate on all dental codes.
- Tamworth NIB Preferred Provider i.e. NIB First Choice Dentist - higher rebate on all dental codes.
This includes NIB health fund partners such as Qantas, AAMI, Apia and more
- Tamworth HCF Preferred Provider for preventative dental i.e. HCF More For Teeth meaning there is no gap on checkups, cleans, x-rays and more*
- Tamworth Westfund Preferred Provider for preventative dental. We are Tamworth's Westfund Dentist for checkup, cleans, xrays and other preventative dental item codes*
* you may need to confirm with your health fund as to your policy coverage
We are a Child Dental Benefits Scheme (CDBS) gap free dentist. This means we bulk bill the Medicare payment for eligible children.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is an Australian Government program that provides access to up to $1052* in benefits over two consecutive calendar years, covering most basic general dental services (but not specialist services like orthodontics or services provided under general anaesthetic.)
You don't need to register for the CDBS, and will usually be notified by Services Australia if you are eligible.
To be eligible for the CDBS, a child or young person:
- must be aged 17 years or under, and
- their family must receive Family Tax Benefit Part A or a relevant Australian Government payment.
If you are not sure if your child is eligible or to find our your remaining balance, our front desk staff can check for you! Just call our clinic on 67661766 and they will get you answers within minutes. You can also check your child’s eligibility and CDBS balance through your Medicare online account at myGov, or by calling 132 011.
*The Government reviews this cap each 1 January
We accept both emergency and general vouchers issued by Hunter New England Health. This means we work with the public dental system to treat those eligible. To be eligible you will need to have a Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card. Call their hotline (you will need to have your Medicare card and Concession card before calling) at 1300 651 625 and they will triage your needs.
If you are being issued a dental voucher, you can let their staff know and they will book you an appointment with one of our lovely dentists.
The best way to explore these options is to come in for a check-up so we can give you a quote, and then rank what needs to be done in order of urgency. Book for a check up now by clicking the button below.
We focus on quality and VALUE. This is the most important thing we offer. We will never be the cheapest or most expensive dentist, because we believe in quality and 'doing it once, doing it well". The worst thing is seeing patchy dental work that won't last.
The second worst is unnecessary treatment. We will provide all options and work together to find the one that suits you most. The most expensive care is not always the most suitable. We want you to feel comfortable in being open to us not only about what you can and can’t afford, but also what you really want. We will listen to you and try to work with you and your budget, your needs and your lifestyle.